St Thomas News - 4th April 2019
A bit of a bumper pre-Easter email this week.
- This Saturday is a Men's Breakfast (8.30am) and Dick will be talking about his trip to Burundi.
- On Sunday, local storyteller, Althea Thomas-Hall, is running a storytelling workshop in (appropriately, given her name) St Thomas' Hall - it's free, and everyone is welcome! - 1.30pm
- Sunday 14th is Palm Sunday, and Joe Firth will once again be doing a Fairtrade stall after the service, so come with your dosh!
- As we approach Easter, a number of special events and services are happening:
+ There is a family event (craft etc) on Good Friday, 10.30am - please let Anna Minihan know if you can help.
+ There is a reflective 'Hour at the Cross' on Good Friday at 2pm.
- YorCafe have asked St Thomas' to host their 'Luke's Larder' in June, July and August on Wednesday mornings. This will mean that we invite people to the church hall to 'pay as they feel' for food that's been donated by supermarkets. We need a team of about six volunteers to make this happen, and it could be a really good way to meet local people. If you are interested, please contact Alison Stirk.
- And finally, The Rycrofts are going to be away for the next couple of Sundays - we are meeting up with The Wilsons, and will pass on love from St Thomas'!
May you know God's rich blessings while we're away!
Rev. Alistair Rycroft
St Thomas' Church, York
"You will keep in perfect peace the one whose mind is stayed on You, who trusts in You." (Isaiah 26.3)