St Thomas News - 8th October 2019
An early email this week, partly because I forgot to send one last week. Lots coming up!
- This Friday at 8pm in the church hall, Lucy is launching her book - an Advent devotional. Everyone's welcome to a little celebration.
- On Saturday at 8.30am, we have a Men's Breakfast in the church hall, with a fry up and a stimulating discussion.
- Next Sunday is an All Age Harvest service - feel free to bring gifts (non-perishables only please) for those in need in York.
- Next Tuesday we have a short Communion Service at 1.45pm in church, before the Natter Group at 2.30.
- Looking further ahead, the next Come and Sing Gospel Choir event is on Saturday 26th October. Details here
Then, a little further afield, there are some things coming up that may be for you:
- Jose (who we loved having with us as part of her reader training) has sent us all a card to invite us to her 'tea and chat, nibble and giggle' at St Denys' church hall this Saturday, 2-4pm. Inspired by us, apparently!
- Next week's Deanery Synod meeting is open to all, and will include a presentation from the Church Urban Fund - if you'd like to hear more, the meeting starts at 7.30pm at Heslington Church
- There's also a kids' worship event run by YoYo on Friday 25th October, 7pm at The Storehouse - this is for 7-11 year olds. More here
I'm sure there's much more too, but that'll do for now! Hope to see you soon,
Rev. Alistair Rycroft
St Thomas' Church, York
"You will keep in perfect peace the one whose mind is stayed on You, who trusts in You." (Isaiah 26.3)