St Thomas News - 16th December 2020
The wonderful Christmas Tree and Nativity Festival is now on in church! Each day (except Sunday) from 2-4pm, come and see, invite others! There is a video explaining more about this and the Sheep Trail on our Facebook page.
Our midweek communion service is on tomorrow at 12 midday - there won't be one on Christmas Eve, but there will be one on New Year's Eve.
Christmas Services and Activities:
- We have our usual Sunday livestream service at 10.30am this Sunday on Facebook, YouTube and Zoom (ID: 631 970 6882)
- This Sunday from 3-5pm we have the 'Follow the Star' tour for families. You need to book in for this event - follow this link to book a time slot and please book asap!
- We are also going to do a spot of carol singing on Sunday at 6pm. We'll start outside church, then move on to some of the open spaces by the flats in the Groves. Bring a lantern if you have one, or just a phone will do!
- Outdoor Nativity/Crib service at 4pm - a retelling of the Christmas story, with some carols. Bring a light!
- Late night communion service at 11.30pm - if you haven't already, please let me know asap if you would like to come to this.
- Short,family-friendly service at 10.30am, with optional communion afterwards (this will also be livestreamed) - again, if you would like to come to this service 'in-person', please let me know asap.
Helping others this Christmas:
We're aware that there may be people feeling isolated this year. If you would appreciate someone to meet up with you for a walk, or for someone to bring round a Christmas meal, or to be invited to someone's house where this is possible according to the guidelines, please let me know. Hopefully we can all be looking out for one another through these next couple of weeks.
It's been great to be able to make up hampers for a good number of people to bless them at Christmas - thank you to all who have contributed. However, there are two families we are aware of who would really appreciate help with gifts for children. One has a boy aged 9; the other a boy aged 19 and a girl aged 14. If you would like to contribute a gift or hep in some way, please let me know.
"O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight"
Rev. Alistair Rycroft
St Thomas' Church, York
"You will keep in perfect peace the one whose mind is stayed on You, who trusts in You." (Isaiah 26.3)