There are lots of things we hold to be very important as a church. At the very core of what we believe is this verse from the Bible: "We love, because God first loved us." The first thing is that God loves us! If he didn't, we'd be lost. And we respond to this amazing love God has for us by loving God and loving people. This is at the heart of what is most important to us at St Thomas'.
As a part of loving God and loving other people, some of the things we value highly are:
• Being welcoming to everybody
• Caring about our local community, especially those in need
• Getting to know the Bible and applying it to our lives
• Being united around Jesus as a church family
• Telling others about God's love for them shown to us in Jesus
We are very clear that we are very much a work in progress, but we pray that God's Holy Spirit is at work in us to make us more loving, joyful, peaceful people.